Fall season is about to start
Preparations for fall season are already under way. We hope that you are as excited for the season to start as we are. Due to COVID-19, we will all need to make some adjustments for this season. Salt Lake County Mayor has release 5 steps that we must take:
- Check for symptoms before each meeting, gathering, practice or competition.
- Stay home from all activities if:
- You have any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever or chills, fatigue, aches, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea)
- You have been around anyone with COVID-19
- You have tested positive for COVID-19
- Wear face coverings whenever possible.
- Face coverings are not intended to protect the wearer, but to protect people around the wearer (who may not have any symptoms of illness).
- Face coverings may be challenging to wear while actively playing. Coaches, staff, officials, parents and spectators should wear face coverings as much as possible and players should wear when not actually playing.
- Wearing face coverings is most important when the physical distance is difficult, such as while on the bench.
- Encourage thorough and frequent hand washing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Do not allow spitting and encourage everyone to cover their coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow.
UYSA has put together the following guidelines that we will need to follow. West Valley is in the Yellow zone and so these are our guidelines: